Monday, May 28, 2012

Day Six: St. Stephan Church Service/Telč/Prague

Happy Sunday! It's the day of the Lord... so let's all take a second and thank Him for His bountiful blessings. 

To celebrate this wonderful day, we were privileged enough to sing in the church service at St. Stephan's Cathedral in Baden. This is an exceedingly beautiful church, and we got to stand right under the MAGNIFICENT organ. And we got to sing. It was really a beautiful thing, and we sounded AWESOME. Oh, and props to Sarah for taking my solo... because that's right... I STILL didn't have a voice. Boo :(

After the church service, we jumped on the bus (BODB*) and rode for around 4ish hours to Telč-- this adorable little Czech town on the way to Prague. 

This is Telč.

I am so in love with this little town.



It's like a European version of the small towns in Westerns. Anyone? Anyone? No? Okay, Never mind.

Guh.

The other side of the square. I believe there's a monastery or a castle or something over in that direction, but we'll never know. It will remain in magical European mystery forever. (Or, you could Google it. That would probably work too)

Well, that was the longest caption ever. That's what I get for trying to be witty. 

After we visited this darling little town (and got yelled at by Johan for being late to get on the bus), we were back en route to Prague. We arrived just in time for dinner and drinks at the super cool bar in the hotel. I called it a pretty early night, though, because not only had I lost my voice at this point, I was also feeling like absolute poo. Hooray. 

So after a short little Skype date, I was off to bed after a LONG day of traveling. 

*BODB-- you know you're wondering what this beautiful and mysterious grouping of letters means. Well, little did you know that it's an elite club of six members, that are known to always, ALWAYS sit at the back of da bus. Nathan, Devon (#1), Mama Germie, Nicola and Molly. And me, Princess Kenzie. It's official. Like lock on a lock bridge official. But that's a story for a different day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment